Larry Gains and Family (1931)
Image Credit: © Illustrated London News Ltd/Mary Evans
Lost Legends Exhibition (2017)
Image Credit: Serendipity Institute for Black Arts and Heritage
Serendipity is a registered charity and your support helps us to continue programming innovative work and documenting Black arts, heritage and culture.
Since 2010, Serendipity has built up a portfolio of trailblazing projects, establishing ourselves as a key contributor to cultural practice locally, nationally and internationally. Our annual festival, Let’s Dance International Frontiers has alone presented over 280 artists and companies, bringing 69 premieres to the UK.
You support is key to raising our profile and continuing to grow this network of creatives.
In 2022, this support helped us to:
- Publish 4 new books as well as the third issue of BlackInk magazine
- Mentor 8 emerging artists and writers through platforms such as Signatures, Black British Dance Platform, Launchpad and BHM Live
- Provide training for 8 aspiring archivists through our pilot Young Archivists programme
- Stage 40+ events around the UK
- Work with 55+ international artists and companies
- Return with a full in person programme for Let’s Dance International Frontiers
HOW TO HELP
Membership fees and donations help us to programme these high-quality performances, place diversity centre stage and showcase international dance artists year after year.
You can support us from just £6.50 a month.
Connect Members get priority booking on our events, enjoying 20% discount on performances and 15% off masterclasses and screenings. They also receive our e-newsletter sharing industry news and opportunities.
In 2023 we’re launching our Living Archive and Connect Members will have access to this online sharing platform with subscription for resources, articles and archive materials.
Your generosity helps us to continue exploring new technologies, training up and coming performers and uncovering more Black heritage.
- £25 can help a dance student attend a masterclass by a world-renowned performer
- £50 could help us digitise a family heirloom for Living Archive
- £100 helps an emerging artist perform at one of our flagship events.
- £500 helps us to exhibit artwork from international artists.
All donations are greatly appreciated.